Springfield, MO (May 12, 2016) The Salvation Army in Springfield will be celebrating National Salvation Army beginning Saturday, May 14 through Friday, May 20. Events will be hosted each day to highlight programs and services provided in the Ozarks. These include:
- Saturday, May 14 – Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive – Volunteers are still needed from 2:00p.m. to 8:00p.m. to help sort and pack food received from the National Association of Letter Carriers.
- Sunday, May 15 – Sunday Worship Services – Everyone is invited to attend Bible study at 9:30a.m. with Worship Service following at 11:00a.m.
- Monday, May 16 – Mayoral Proclamation and Thrift Store Event – Join us at 9:00a.m. for a proclamation declaring it National Salvation Army Week in Springfield. Everyone who attends will receive a discount on purchases and will be entered into hourly prize drawings throughout the day for items including and iPod Shuffle, a stereo, gift cards and a flat screen TV. Our Thrift Stores are under new management. Join us to see what is new.
- Tuesday, May 17 – Salvation Army Night at the Ballpark presented by US Bank – Enjoy an evening of fun while supporting The Salvation Army! Tickets are only $10 each and include a free hat. To purchase tickets visit any Salvation Army or US Bank location in Springfield.
- Wednesday, May 18 – Social Service Wednesday – The Salvation Army will have area partners on hand to help incoming clients with food pantry assistance, career advice, health screenings and more.
- Thursday, May 19 – Emergency Disaster Services – The Salvation Army and the Springfield Police Department are joining forces. In addition to The Salvation Army providing lunch our local police officers to thank them for their service, we are co-hosting a blood drive at Community Blood Center of the Ozarks. Blood donations can be made at their facility at 220 West Plainview Road.
- Friday, May 20 – Donor Appreciation Day – We will honor our donors in a special way to thank them for their support.
“Every year we celebrate The Salvation Army in a special way during National Salvation Army Week,” said Major Mikes Mills. “We are excited to do so once again this year and let the community know we are here providing service 365 days a year.”
For more information about any of these events, please call 417-862-5509.
To support the year-round outreach of The Salvation Army financial contributions can be sent to The Salvation Army, P.O Box 9685 in Springfield MO, 65801 by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY or by visitingwww.salvationarmyspringfield.org – 82¢ of every dollar goes directly toward programs & services that help local Ozarks residents in need.
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an evangelical part of the universal Christian church established in London in 1865, has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination for 130 years in the United States. Nearly 30 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through the broadest array of social services that range from providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless and opportunities for underprivileged children. For more information, visit www.salvationarmyspringfield.org. The Salvation Army is a proud partner agency of United Way of the Ozarks.