Salvation Army Famous Doughnut Recipe
· 5 cups flour
· 2 cups sugar
· 5 tsp. baking powder
· 1 saltspoon salt
· 2 eggs
· 1 3/4 cup milk
· 1 tub lard
· Combine all ingredients, except lard, to make dough.
· Thoroughly knead dough, roll smooth, and cut into rings that are less than 1/4 inch thick.
· Drop the rings into heated lard, making sure the fat is hot enough to brown doughnuts gradually. Turn the doughnuts slowly several times.
· When browned, remove doughnuts and allow excess fat to drip off.
· Dust with powdered sugar. Let cool and enjoy.